Wednesday 14 March 2012

Review: Sally Hansen GEM crush

I don't get to paint my nails often, the job i have causes it to chip and peel fast, but i do love a good nail polish. I happen to fall upon a sale on Thursday and for a gold coin donation to the children's hospital, you could get your nails painted, didn't need to ask me twice. The lady was using the Sally Hansen GEM crush nail polish.




There is eight colours in total and have cool names like: Cha-Ching, Big Money and Glitz Girl to name a few.

The lady who got her nails done before me choose to have her nails done in the purple (Be-jewelled) and then lady painting had the blue (Bling-tastic), so i wanted to see something else, normally i would gravitate to the silver with blue flecks, but i choose the Fuchsia (Lady Luck).




There was two coats of the colour and then a clear top coat. I have to say I'm very impressed with the colour, sparkle and wear of it. I still have it on a week later and it still looks decent, no major chips, just a little wear on the top and a slight gap near the base but the lady never coated all the way down.



 As you can see from the above and below picture i brought the silver/blue (Showgirl Chic)


I love the thick wide brushes they have, the nail polish just glides on, hopefully this will be handy when painting with my left hand.




I wanted to see what it looked like on, so i painted one of my toe nails, this was just one coat and it came up really well, and also wearing well.


                              Another picture of all 8 nail polishes available (source)

I don't have many sparkle nail polishes, though i did like the colour, sparkle and wear of these two polishes that were used. The thicker brush made it easier to apply. I feel that it is a nice cheaper alternative polish for colour and sparkle compared to a treat of buying O.P.I nail polish. I brought this for $7 on sale and the original price was $9.95 at Priceline stores, this may vary depending on stores that sell it.

* I have not been asked to review this product from anyone, i choose to review this after falling upon it the other day while looking for a completely different product at Priceline

No comments:

Post a Comment